Sunday, November 27, 2011

Corporate Greed-fest

This weekend my mom and brother came to visit, we cleaned a bunch of stuff out of our house to make room for the baby and we took a load to the D.I. None of us were in the mood to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, so we went out to eat at Jerimiah's. It was fine food, but not great, and the price was higher than I'd have liked. I had a much better meal the next night at CJ's for less money. The wind blew pretty much all the leaves off the trees in our neighborhood, so we spent a lot of time and trash bags raking leaves.

As for fun stuff, I got to spend some time with my family, I played a bunch of Magic: The Gathering online with a buddy, I watched Season 5 of the webseries The Guild, and I watched the Dragon Age: Redemption webseries. So, I have had a pleasant helping of Felicia Day. I didn't take part in anything related to "Black Friday," but I did go to Wal-Mart on Friday and bought a new surround sound system for our living room. By the time I was there, it was not any more busy than a normal weekend at Wal-Mart. I read some of the stories of the crazy shit that people pull to save a few pennies on crap they don't need and makes me sad for our race. Granted, I bought something I don't need, but I didn't pepper spray a crowd of people to get it or trample someone to save money on it. I bought something I wanted and could afford at a reasonable price.

End anti-greed rant. Now, I'm trying to get into the mindset to write papers and looking forward to the end of the semester and the arrival of my son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home