Friday, November 18, 2011

The End of the Semester

It is hard for me to savor the end of this semester because I have been so stressed planning for next semester.  I had an academic plan set to gradute next spring, but I was told a few days ago that some of my credits do not count toward my masters.  For a few hours I thought I would be working for another two and a half years.  I talked to some people and I think it's all worked out, but I hate the uncertainty. 

I've been working on my literature review.  It is going pretty well.  I am still trying to decide how I feel about the summary.  On the one hand it is easy to summarize because I don't have to analyse or argue from my own point of view, but on the other hand, it is hard to take myself out of the process. 

It looks like I am going to be doing a lot of education classes next semester so that is exciting.  It will be nice to take a break from literature for a semester.

One more thing just because,

Today in class Dr. Rogers explained how when people say to him, "those who can't do teach," he responds with, "Yeah but I can tell you who said that."  His response is ironic because it proves the other person's point.  It proves that Dr. Rogers, as a teacher, puts more importance on trivial knowledge like who first said the quote, than on the meaning or practical application of the concept.  Just a thought.  My father, a teacher himself, always says, "those who can do, those who can't teach, those who can't teach teach teachers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home