Thursday, November 12, 2009

Now that's just freaky.

Am I freaking out? Eh, I'm always freaking out about one thing or another. I'm used to it by now.

But why specifically? Well, I've never written this type of essay. I'm also having problems narrowing down or broadening my topic enough to find enough sources and information to fit the ten pages. Ten pages! I've written one of those before, but it was a persuasive essay--heck, I've written 200 pages before, but that was a fictional story!

What I guess I'm saying is, ten pages is daunting to me! And it feels like I'm chipping away at this huge slab of marble using nothing but a pencil for a chisel and a stuffed animal as the hammer. Impossible. Yet strangely amusing.

Although I guess it won't be too hard. The short responses that we've had to do for class all semester certainly seem to be helping--at least it's gearing my mind to think of the main concepts mentioned about the particular subject displayed in the article and how (with examples) the author explained it. I guess that's what this bibilographic essay is about? That seems to be my misconception.

Which is probably another fear that's standing in my way with this assignment. In the past, every time I've been told primarily verbal instructions for the writing assignment, I get confused and end up ruining it in some way. I've always been best with written instructions, whether in depth or not! Of course, now that I think about it, perhaps I can write my own: what to include in the bibliographic essay. Yes, that's a great idea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home