Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quibblin about the Bib

Freaking out huh? I don’t think I’ve procrastinated it enough yet to start freaking out yet. But I am beginning to realize how fast the date is approaching. Today as I was sitting in math I looked at my planner provided by the University and I noticed that the bibliographic essay is due in less than three weeks, 20 days to be exact. Luckily, during my Saturday shift I was able to research some sources and get a head start on them. I think I’m at about four sources now and that makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something. Whether or not I can get the rest of the sources by Thanksgiving is another story. I keep saying that I have a bad feeling about that weekend. If I don’t get on it and start gathering all my sources than Thanksgiving will prove to be a very dreadful weekend.

Other than that I don’t think I’m worried about much. I am really happy that it is not due during final weeks though. I think I would just call it quits if I had to worry about that during finals weeks. I’m just hoping that I’m able to make a lot of progress on the essay before the Thanksgiving weekend actually hits. If I have an outline and a clear idea of how the paper is going to go, I’ll call it a success. Writing the actual paper won’t be very terrible if I at least know how it is going to go and how it will all be set up. At that point, the paper will just fall into place as I sit at the computer. Well, hopefully that is how it is going to go. Chances are that it will all explode in my face and I’ll be left with a smoldering pile of melted computer parts and burnt silicon. But that will just make the whole experience that much more fun, right?

Well, Eric’s blog inspired me. I agree with the point that he argued. Pokemon is heads and tails above Yu-Gi-Oh. And who wouldn’t want a Charmander? I don’t think that I want to meet the person that doesn’t. You know what? I’ve been having some arguments with some friends about various fictional fights. We’ve been matching up various super heroes and arguing who would win. If you have any insights please offer them. One of the matches was Voldemort vs. Darth Vader. We also though about throwing Neo in the mix. We also argued amongst the comic book world. We came down to two: Wolverine and The Incredible Hulk. We have had some heated discussions about these fights and if you feel inclined to share any insight into the situation I would appreciate it. These are the kind of papers students need to be writing! These are the hard issues that need to be settled. There needs to be some type of public debate or forum that deals with these issues. Perhaps President Obama could host a town hall meeting and put an end to these red hot problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home