Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No time to say Hello. Goodbye! I'm late I'm late I'm late.

I think my biggest concern about the bib essay so far is just being able to read all the sources I have identified/gotten and getting the rest of them squared away as well. I still need about 4 more sources and I feel as though I cannot even begin writing until I have found and read them all. I have a pretty good idea of where I want the essay to go and I am sure the actual writing part will be just fine (no worse than any other essay I have written. It might actually be easier since I am more interested in summary of other’s arguments rather than making my own), but I do not have enough info to get started yet and it is driving me nuts.
Also, as the franticness (franticity? Frantic nature?) of my previous paragraph may have pointed out, I feel like I am totally running out of time. Sure ILL does take their time, but I am more worried that the book will get there and I will not have any time to go get it until about three days later. Even then I will not have time (or I will do the fun procrastinating thing that I have had years to perfect) to write the paper as early on as I would like and I will have to speed-write over Thanksgiving weekend. I am trying to avoid that, of course (especially since my older sister has decided to come back from the Netherlands and grace us with her Dutch presence for Thanksgiving) and hope and plan that I will be able to. Yes, I am completely freaking out that it (and by “it” I mean “writing my paper before the weekend before it is due”) will not happen, but who knows?
Whew, okay, taking a breath here. Inhale…exhale…inhale…exhale.
Most everything else concerning the paper I am totally okay with. Finding the sources is only as stressful as I had anticipated, reading the sources and figuring out what they mean, what they are trying to say, how they relate to one another, and where to find quotes in them is a breeze. It is only that stupid time factor that is raising my blood pressure and making my face go red just thinking of it (though, to be honest, it does not take much to make my face go red…closely followed by the part in my hair…and my shoulders…and my forearms. Ahem! Anyway…). If anyone knows of a way to slow down time while I remain at my current speed, I would like the answer to that formula!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home