Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm good, not freaking out about my paper.

I'm not worried about the bib essay. Why?

I've been working on this thing for a month now. I honestly don't want to read any more about distance learning. But it has been interesting, I'll admit. My plan is to write this in single spaced and then make it into double spaced. This is almost like a mind trick that I do to myself. It's going to be close to 20 pages, so making it into a 10 page paper makes it more manageable. I'll break this down into three sections. The first section is going to be on the history on distance learning. this may take up to 3 pages. Next, I plan on writing about what people are saying about distance education and online writing. This will be up to 4 pages as well. Finally, I plan on finishing with a "what makes a good online tutor" section. This will take up 3 pages. I wasn't sure how to put these subjects together. Dr. Rogers said it would be OK to split these subjects up into as many sections as I need. I have started on the essay. I'm starting this paper by going backwards on it. I am writing about how to be an online tutor. Also, I'm listening to a lot of instrumental music as I type this paper. I don't know why this is helpful but it is. John Williams helps bring out the writer in me I guess. I plan on finishing this essay by next Wednesday because I want to have it done before Thanksgiving. I realize that I will not have any time to write it on that day as well as Friday. Saturday maybe and Sunday is just plain old pushing it.

I know many students would probably be freaking out. It's not that I think I'm a better student than them, it's just that I have experience on how to schedule a plan on how to write an essay. I learned in my undergrad work how to write under pressure. It's all about knowing how to use your time. Time management of course. I try and remind the students that I tutor on the advantages of this. The biggest advantage is that you will not be freaking out about your paper.

I wish all of you guys good luck on your papers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home