Sunday, November 01, 2009

Mid-terms

As mid-term rolled around, it brought with it a second wave of tests for us science majors. To my immense relief and shock this semester is almost over. I can’t believe how quickly it has passed. As I look forward to the fast approaching end of semester, I can’t help but feel a little overwhelmed by all that remains unfinished. The bibliographic essay for example, is just one of those little pains I have yet to alleviate. After finding five sources so far, I still feel panicked by the fact that this is as far as I have gotten. It doesn’t help that in order to find one fact or idea that can be used in this essay, it is necessary to search through about fifty pages of crap beforehand.

As I face the five or so weeks ahead I realize that the hardest thing I will deal with is not the tests and finals themselves, rather it will be keeping myself in the proper school and study mind-set. This is not an easy thing to do especially with the holidays drawing near. I guess the best way to stay grounded in this aspect is to remember that only half of the semester points are accounted for, meaning the fate of my grade in any one of my classes is not yet determined. A lot could change in a month’s time if I am not careful. Yikes!

Looking at the optimistic side of things, WE ONLY HAVE ABOUT FIVE WEEKS OF THE SEMESTER LEFT! If we can get through a few more tests, a few more essays and a few more long study sessions, we will have a whole month to do whatever we please! For me, this long-awaited break cannot come soon enough. As I leave for Christmas Break, I plan on leaving school and everything to do with it far behind and just relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home