Friday, October 30, 2009

TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!



Midterms? I honestly had no midterms this semester. I do not know if that is a good thing or not. I wish that I had midterms, so I could write about how they went, instead of another random subject. Well today is the day before Halloween. I still wonder what I am going to do. I think that I will just hang out with my best friend. There are a lot of functions going on tonight: a few dances, a few parties, and a lot of other interesting gatherings. I will just tell you about my plans.

Tonight will be a crazy night for me. Last night, I got a call about 11:23PM from one of my good friends. He told me that I had to participate in this years soapbox derby. The funny thing is that the derby is tonight, and we have a maximum of three hours to build, test, and modify our cart by then. Most of the other teams spend at least a week on their cars. I said yes and hung up. I would like to state that I am the kind of person that would jump out of bed to do any random thing. I agreed that I would participate even though he woke me up from my beauty sleep, and waited until the day of the competition to start on our car. He also had entered me in this race not knowing that I might have had prior plans for the night.

My thoughts on how the night will unfold are quite ominous. I have that feeling like something bad is going to happen. Just think about it, two grown men riding a poorly made racer down a very steep hill on a cold and wet night. I think that someone is going to get hurt. On the other hand, I know that this will be another unforgettable moment lived.

I also have found out that a couple of our own English 3840 students, other than myself, will be participating in this event. I hope all goes well, and one of us wins the prize money.

TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home