Saturday, September 25, 2004

Good Old WSU

Well I took English 1010 almost four years ago and so it is pretty difficult to remember we did exactly. I think the most beneficial thing that I learned was how to balance sentences. The concept was completely new to me but it improved my writing immensely. I do remember having to read the Hacker pocket handbook. We had a quiz every week and I hated them. I am not sure I really learned anything from them. In any case I finished that class and waited until after my mission to take English 2010.
I’m not sure if it was two extra years of maturity, learning to convey principles in a clear way, or having learned a foreign language but English 2010 was a breeze. We might have read a few essays on writing or even read a little about grammar but mostly we just listened to the teacher talk about how to generate ideas. I got an A on every paper. I can’t say that we were really taught anything. I think that I have learned more in our tutoring class these last few weeks than I learned in my whole semester of 2010.
So I am not really sure what else you want to know. I pretty much explained to you everything there is to know about that. By the way both Bush and Kerry are horrible…..Nader all the way!!!! That for your Layne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home