Thursday, September 23, 2004

I Do Not Remember

Since this Blog assignment was given I have given a lot of thought about how I learned to write. Truth be known, I really do not (notice how I did not write 'don't, Dr. Rogers taught me that!) remember exactly when, where or how I learned the "process" or mechanics of writing. After reading some of the latest posts, I was reminded of some of the methods my 1010 professor used to help me with my writing. I also was forced to write about whatever was on my mind for five minutes without stopping. I probably wrote about the latest episode of the Simpsons or about how much I hated BYU. I guess it does not (did not use doesn't, see I am still learning to write) matter what I wrote, but what does matter is that I learned that I could write about anything; the universe was the limit and still is for that matter. That is about all I recall from English 1010.
English 2010 was a little different. My professor gave us a list of and tested us on the 10 SENTENCE SINS. I honestly think I have memory problems, because I do not remember a single sin. However, I do remember that when he quizzed us on them I got one of the higher grades in the class......It was a high C I think, I could be wrong, I really don't remember. One thing I do remember is that he said it was next to impossible to get an A in his class; that, I believe, is why I received an A.
I never actually considered myself a good writer until I took a Political Science class and my professor made it a point to tell me how wonderful a writer I was. He backed up this thesis by saying that out of the entire class, my research paper had the least amount of grammatical errors. Believe it or not I do not remember what my research project was on. Anyway, he said I was good and so I believed I was, until I became a writing tutor and had to take this class. So, if I ever do learn to write well, I think I will have to tell people that I learned in English 3840 with Dr. Scott Rogers and Sylvia Newman as my teachers. But even if Dr. Rogers, Sylvia and I succeed and I do learn to write well, no one will get the credit because eventually I am going to forger. I am convinced that I will not remember!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home