Thursday, October 07, 2010

I love MLA as much as Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!

I am another witness to being taught to double space block quotes. This was corrected my freshmen year of college. For me, it has been adjusting to some of the new requirements in the Works Cited page that has been the trickiest. Honestly, I had an amazing tenth grade teacher that had us memorize MLA basic formats. MLA has been part of my life for a long time. It is like a good friend. In fact, I don't know if I will ever be able to accept APA. I think title pages are a waste of space. I have some friends who are editors, and they keep telling me that I will fall in love with Chicago. We will see, but I am not ready to let go yet. Disclaimer: This does not mean I am perfect at MLA. I just love the format and guidelines. After following MLA so long and never hearing that Press and University are abbreviated P and U, I was shocked to find I had missed this fact! I am constantly learning in MLA because I keep using a variety of sources. MLA, you are my hero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home