Thursday, December 03, 2009

The End Complete

There’s nothing I love more than looking back on the past and taking the time to reminisce. Actually, there probably are things that I enjoy more than that. But, nonetheless, it is an activity that I find embiggening; indeed, it embiggens even the smallest of us.

One of the things that I wish I had known three months ago is how to schedule English into my schedule. I always had to put it on the back burner for other assignments in other classes. I wish I had taken more time to thoroughly read the readings and take the time to consider what was being said by the authors. This also would have assisted in the class discussions. I never felt that I had anything very important to say and that is probably because I hadn’t considered the subjects to intently prior to entering into the classroom.

The second thing that I wish knew/did is to have chosen my topic for the bib earlier. I should have thought about what interests me in regards to tutoring a little more. That would have made writing it a lot easier. Yes, I did just use the term “a lot.” I figure this is a blog and I should allow my voice to come out more than I do in my papers. Anywho, if I could have found a more interesting topic I wouldn’t have had such a hard time getting down to business. When you have to read through all those sources, it can be a very tiring expedition. I also underestimated how much reading I would have to do. You would think that ten sources wouldn’t involve too much reading. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I read through way more than ten sources. I would read one and think that it would work, but upon reading other sources I would discover that I would have to throw out some of my sources and find more. I definitely should have got on to the bib train earlier than I did.

Also, as I look back through my mind’s eye, I realize that it would have been neat to sit in a different spot every once in a while, just to shake things up. I did that once and was privileged to enjoy the company of one Eric Stanford. What a good guy, let me tell you. His company was a rather pleasant experience. Also, he lives right by some of my other good mates. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, it’s always fun to shake things up.

Oh! I really wish that I had been able to convince Dr. Rogers and Claire to let us go get tacos at the street vendors down on Washington. If you haven’t been there, you simply must go! Rico’s is the best, believe you me. If there isn’t a Rico’s taco stand in heaven, I don’t know if I want to go! That would have been such a morale booster for the team. Just think of all the smiles that would be present if tacos were had. And don’t forget that on Wednesdays they are 2 for $1. Anywho, I’ll sign off for now. This is the last blog, and I hope that these words of remembrance are beneficial to those future tutors who will grace the class blog with their words. Goodbye for now….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home