Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Killer Robots Have Taken Over the World

Ok, those two videos where a little nuts. They would have taken a lot of time and effort to make. I do not know if I really understood them though. One of them showed that technology is cool and will change the way we write. It will also change the way universities are run. The other video, the one with the signs, seemed like they were saying technology is a waste of time. Maybe that is the point. A balance of good and evil. Opposition in all things. Technology can be used to make life better and easier, and it can also be a distraction.

I like technology. It is fun. I am listening to my iPod right now, why not? If the why not in the last sentence does not make sense, you need to catch up on Futurama. Dr. Zoidberg often ends his statements with why not. That is another technological thing I love, TV. I do not know what I would do with out TV. Futurama often makes literary references. It quotes Shakespeare on a regular basis. Another show that quotes Bill often is Family Guy. Stewie gives the opening monologue from Richard III on more than one occasion. Family Guy makes many literary references, sometimes I do not get them there are so many. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is also a show that makes references to literature. My favorite literary reference by ATHF was when Master Shake said, “They’re the albacores around my neck, like the Rime of the Ancient Marinade.” Shake is an idiot. There should totally be a cartoon class. That would be really neat. I would take it in a heartbeat. I still regret not taking the TV class.

Technology in the classroom is beneficial in many ways. Power Points, while they can be boring, often make it much easier to follow along with the professor’s lecture. Movies are fun and informative. E-mail is a very effective tool to communicate with instructors. Technology can also be a hindrance in class. Those kids in class that are supposedly taking notes, but are really on some sort of quest on WOW trying level up their mage, really bother me. First of all, why did they pay all that money just to sit in class and run around collecting gold? Stay home and do that. The other reason it bugs me is because I sit there and watch them, and get distracted from the lecture. Quit distracting me! Facebook is not an appropriate use of class time. I do not know why these students think it is? Sorry world, but I do not have a Bookface. All my friends do though, and I see how much time they waste on that site. The site is supposed to be a way to keep in touch with friends, right? Then why are all my friends always checking their Facebooks, even when we are hanging out? I am right here, keep in contact with me by talking to my face.

Anyways back to the importance of the cartoon class. There are many other shows that could be incorporated. While The Simpsons is not one of my favorites, it often makes literary references. Their version of The Lord of the Flies is a good episode. My favorite rendition is when they do Macbeth. Thy produce the play, and Homer plays Macbeth and Marge plays Lady Macbeth. When the other cast members start getting better reviews than Marge she has Homer kill them off one by one, ironically in the order that their characters are killed in the play. So yes, I agree, we should definitely have a cartoon class. Anyone with further suggestions, feel free to add.

Oh, and that part were the video said I am the internet really creeped me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home