Monday, December 11, 2006

Bug Zappers

“Oy vey,” classic words to vent by. I’m going to take this opportunity to fill in the peer tutors who might be wiser than me next year on some of the things that I wish I knew coming into this class. The previous people to pass through this thing were right, start the bibliographic essay earlier. Those journal articles will rip your brain apart. As someone who put it off WAY too long, expecting that they would be able to pull through it alright, you can, but you don’t want to. You’ll have flashbacks for years, and you’ll figure out an interesting topic that you might want to do a conference paper on during or after the fact. DON’T PUT IT OFF.
Also, just so you know (I certainly didn’t realize it), the class readings are the best foundation you’ll get for doing your bibliographic essay, read them carefully, with an eye for what topics in writing center literature you’re interested in. I would also suggest using their bibliographies as a means to expand your research.
Now for the random rambling part of this blog entry: I have 1000 MB of e-mail space total. 1000 Mega Bytes. Do you realize all of the stuff that I could cram into this folder and the fact that I’ve never, ever had to use anything near that much? As a researcher I could see it. If I had a lot of PowerPoint presentations coming through my e-mail I could probably use it up too, but right now, MAJIMMINY! It’s huge! It’s an e-mail warehouse. I could probably fit everything I’ve ever received except for those dang daily bulletins in this thing.
Now back to venting. I should have written this blog last week when I was really stressed enough to want to vent. I had my math final this morning, and my bib essay has been in for a bit, so all of the big things that were really “stressing me out” are over. Except for this blog entry. I keep starting up on tangents, and I think that my brain has just given up. Finals week has taken me to that wishy-washy “I just can’t communicate with other human beings anymore” stage where you can’t really do anything except drool on your pillow and stare at the ceiling. Unfortunately for me I have no pillow here, and the ceiling has some Japanese looking lanterns that kind of remind me of those bug zapping lights. Ohhhhhh beautiful beautiful zappy lights. How much we’ve shared. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about you.
The narrator of this story then proceeded to recline back in her oh-so-fuzzy chair and imagine herself touching the lights. Since we all know that people can die of fear in dreams, it will be no surprise to the reader that as this “daydream” (or just dream at this hour) came to a climax, and the light was reached, the narrator felt a horrible searing pain, and died from the shock of it. In other news, the same thing happened to another tutor in Ontario Canada when, upon waking, they discovered that Keith Richards was still alive. This has been Robby McJamma saying, goodbye, good luck, and watch those test proctors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home