Monday, October 23, 2006

organization!

How do I organize? I think I know how. Flow charts, computer programs, outlining, freewriting are all great ideas to write. I find that i don't really follow any of these ideas to the key. What I normally do is write the best outling I can conceive. In addition to that outline I will write all the things I want to quote in a seperate word document. Once these two arduously tedious processes are completed I throw both of them in the trash and write them the way I would without them.

It is weird. It is a waste of time. However, it makes me feel in control. These two things give me a false sense of control. They make me feel like I'm in control while I'm really not. The only thing that I can say I do that helps me be organized is to set aside time for a project and work on that project in the set time.

What happens is I spend all this time creating these elaborate outlines that I don't follow. The outline does help me in a general sense. It makes me think about what I'm going to say albeit not following the outline.

The most effective way for me to organize is to simply work at a project. Hard work. Dedication. Keep a stiff upper lip while you reinvent the weel. All those cliche hard work metaphores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home