Monday, October 16, 2006

am stram gram, pique et pique et colegram....

I just don't know where to start on this project! I know that as soon as I get an idea I like it'll take off and the paper will basically write itself; my problem is I'm not sure what a good idea is. I'd love to do something about cultural diversity and how it relates to the writing process. Its a subject I find really intriguing (well, I suppose I'd have to being an anthro major) but the more I think about it the less I like it. It doesn't seems feasible- too broad, way way too broad. Specificity is the key and I feel like there's a hole in my jeans it slipped through. Maybe if I do some more research into what others have done with such an idea the answer will become apparent.

Oh! While everyone is here updating their own blog check into Metaphor's new project. It's called Poem of the Week and is designed to get Weber State student's talking about poetry in all its glory. We post a new poem each week and want students to come and read, enjoy, and most importantly to comment! You can get to the Metaphor blog via a link on our homepage (found in the online Weber State index) or the site address of metaphor-staff. blogger.com- at least I think that's the address, if you have problems finding it let me know and I'll bug Kyle about it. I've meant to mention this in class and might still- so thanks for your interest!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rogers said...

You might consider avoiding topics entirely; instead, makes lists of questions on whatever topic you're considering.

Then, all you have to do is pick a question and answer it.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home