Thursday, October 12, 2006

English 3840

I am thinking of writing about ESL. I am partial to the topic for obvious reasons. Another thing that has always been very interesting to me, from personal experience, is how effectiveness of learning, including amount of information retained and its availability for recall is directly tied to the mental and emotional state at the time of learning. It is fascinating to me. Yet at the same time I wonder if it is just me being weird. Also, I am not sure if this will not be relevant enough to this particular class; it isn’t something we have discussed directly. Although things that are relevant to this topic have been talked about in class quite a bit, such as importance of establishing a rapport, creating a positive environment, etc. I am not really sure yet. I only know that I don’t want to be "reinventing a dead horse." I've been told that I have a real "talent" for stating the obvious, so I try to avoid it as much as I can, although it doesn't really work most of the time.

Anyway, ANY suggestions are more welcome than you can possibly imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home