Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bam!

Despite the fact that there is a line in tutoring sessions, the movement of it makes it hard to see. As tutors, we are given clear-cut rules and guidelines to follow. Yet we’re told not to be afraid of taking chances or making mistakes. It feels like a bit of a paradox. Every session is different as every student is.

However, having a general idea of how one will handle certain types of tutoring situations can be useful. Thinking about how one will navigate “the line” for different types of sessions may help us stay on the right side of the line. It scares me to think of making mistakes because I’m such a perfectionist about my work. But then I know I’ve already made many mistakes as a tutor since I’m still learning. I should not be afraid anymore because I’ve already crossed the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home