Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Scattered ideas

I'm afraid. The more I read about the post-process, the more it makes sense. I have read several other articles that are as confusing as "Post Process a Philisophical Endeavor," and I'm starting to like them. I have a stack of books that I have been cutting through, and I have a lot of good information. I have a thesis and a bunch of information. Now I need to find a process to put all this information down on paper.

I think that I will make my bibliography first, photocopy the quotes I want, outline my first draft, and then write and revise. That sounds like a good plan to me, and I probably won't follow it at all...It does make a lot of sense though.

My thesis is going to deal with the Heirarchy of student to tutor, the perceptions of both parties within a session, and tutoring as situational. I want to focus mainly on tutors roles in deciphering what proffesors want from students, and how this relates to non-directive tutoring. The question I'm begging is, "How do we empower students to invent the university while maintaining a non directive style?"

I was tutoring a lady the other day, and her problem was that she couldn't write the way the professors want her to. She had a great story, and that story didn't pertain to a research project at all. I can not simply tell her to write like a proffessor. This is an issue larger than the global organization of a single paper. "What is our role in helping in this manner?"

I don't think that we can come out and say, "Write like an academic." This would go against the style of non-directive tutoring. However, we could give the students a template, like what "Inventing the University Suggests, but this strategy goes against my ideas on post-process...Weeee Weeeee Weeee



I suppose my blog, up to this point, has only raised questions. Hoperfully I'll sort through all the information and notes I have to compose a logical paper which has answers to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home