Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Dangerous Mind Can Equal That of a Backward Clam

I think what I’m most concerned about is disappointing my tutee and fellow tutors. A lot of this stems from the fact I am, if I can be allowed to write this without hubris, rather smart and something of a good writer- but dotty. Dotty to an almost unimaginable degree and this can be attested to by any of my kith or kin. So often, not from a lack of knowledge or understanding of the task at hand by my own personality failings, I may end up doing or saying something rather ridiculous. And by ridiculous I don’t mean the good sort of comic ridiculous but rather the kind where anyone else present or involved will heave a sigh, roll the eyes, and throw their hands into the air helplessly.
So, now that I’m working in such a demanding field I don’t want to fall into those old failings because there are many people now who might be depending on my actions. I’d feel terrible if someone walked away saying that a tutoring session was a total waste of time or something similar. I also know that this will most likely happen so I have that feeling of a v-shaped depression looming overhead ready to drop.
In the end though I suppose the best that can be done with such a situation is to act within the best of my abilities and try and assimilate as much information as possible while trying to curb that fear of falling sort of the ideal. I suppose this is where all the team effort lectures come in too as it is a group effort through individuals, or something like that, so if I should take one in the neck from said v-shaped depression there are many other individuals to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home