Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I was sure I posted this...

October 24, 2004

I am so happy! I went in to check, and found a blog topic to which I can relate. That is to say, eclectic.
I notice my blogs are getting farther apart. I’d better crack a whip over myself.

So. Baseball. Don’t care. I’m un-American and I know it. I don’t like apple pie, either, unless it’s hot and served with pecan pralines ice cream.

The election? I voted once. I did so by absentee ballot, because I had no transportation and lived in the highest crime-rate town in California. Walking wasn’t advisable. I was watching T.V., keeping an eye on results, and they were announcing the winners before my vote could even have been counted. At the time, I didn’t understand about electoral votes and all that. I decided I’d never bother again, and I never did. Then I got this Social Studies professor who believes that voting is the single most important right we have as Americans, and does so with such conviction that I’m registered. I’m a little concerned about it. There are a couple issues and a couple candidates about which/whom I know enough to make an informed decision, but a lot I know nothing about, and I don’t think I’m qualified in those cases. I suppose it’s permissible to abstain? But if I abstain, am I misusing my very important right to vote?

Winter is an evil thing that should only happen to bad people. I arrived in Utah (from California) on Easter Sunday, 1988. I thought if I arrived in the spring, then I would have time to acclimatize before winter. I’m still waiting. I’m not a skier because:
A. It would require me to voluntarily venture outdoors in the snow, and
B. People who slide down mountains at breakneck speed on sticks without brakes, if they aren’t already a little cracked, will certainly end up that way. (You know what the tree said to Sonny, don’t you?)

If it doesn’t stop raining soon, I’m going to need to double my Prozac. I HATE being wet. I hate being cold, I hate not seeing the sun, I hate mud, I hate having to wear shoes, and I hate trying to drive at night in the rain with 30-foot reflections coming off of every source of light. The dead guy in the yard is lucky he’s dead. Otherwise, he’d be drowning. The gravestones are all soggy…the place couldn’t scare a three-year-old. Ugh. I do sleep very well with the sound of the rain, but a recording works just as well. If California weren’t such an expensive, crime-infested garbage pit, I’d go back.

Wow! That was a lot of complaining! I sound like, well, never mind. I’d better shut up before someone nominates me to the gripe and moan club. So, on the bright side, the roof doesn’t leak, the heater works, I have a car and so many winter coats that I had the privilege of giving some of them away, and I sleep with an electric blanky and two cats, so I will probably not freeze to death. Being shut up in the house gives me nothing better to do than study and watch movies and spend time with my birds. I s’pose it beats having a lit cigar shoved up my nose…

What else am I thinking about? Nothing. My head is now completely empty. Oh! In case you didn’t know what the tree said to Sonny: “I got you, babe!” Ar-ar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home