Sunday, October 24, 2004

My Band Sucks

ohhh gosh. Boston is up in the fourth and I just remembered I have to write this blog before tomorrow. So I'm going to dowrite it now so that I'll finish in time to watch the end of the game.

My mind is pretty simple; there has not been much on it except for that I wish I wasn't male, middle class and white. School is expensive for those of us that fall under that category.

Most of you probably know that I am in a band. Maybe I'll talk about that for a bit. About a year ago I met a kid who said he'd been playing the drums for eight years and after he listened to some songs I wrote, he wondered if I wanted to start a band with him and his brother. I thought it sounded cool so I said okay. Well, we've been playing for over a year now and he still plays the drums as if he's only been playing for a few months. He's not that good. It gets kind of frustrating. But it's okay I guess; he's really good at making people think we rock. I can't lie to you guys, the truth is we kind of suck. But don't tell him that.

However, I am excited because on the 30th we're playing at a coffee shop in Sunset called Cup of Smiles. There are going to be a bunch of local bands there and the owner of the shop is giving away a bunch of prizes. It should be a pretty cool Halloween party. We're all gunna dress up and, as he said, "play as fu##ing loud as we want." That's cool he said that, but I don't think we'll get to play too loud; the people who work at the animal shelter next door always complain about how loud we play. Oh well.

Here are some facts ya'll may not know about me: I have an identical twin brother named Marshall. So if you ever think you see me on campus and I walk by you without saying hi, it's probably him. Please don't get offended. Let's see.....OH yea, he's engaged to a girl from Colorado; they'll be getting married in June. My oldest brother is a Marine and is expecting his first kid. That's pretty exciting. And I am an Aquarius; my birthday is the 26th of January. Last bit of info, it's been more than three weeks since I've tutored someone! Needless to say, I don't think I am getting much better at this tutoring thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home