Saturday, November 13, 2010

What to do?

Even though I love working with ESL students, I sometimes find it difficult working with the students still involved in the LEAP program. It seems that while they are still in the program, they often expect someone else to tell them the answer. It is very difficult to know what to concentrate on, what can be “gimme’s,” and what they might be trying to get away with. This is not to say that all of the LEAP students are this way, but sometimes they are so compliant with what I suggest, that there is no room for teaching. It’s really hard to know when to suggest something and when to keep your mouth shut. By the end of the sessions, usually, I feel that I have made at least some progress, but they are very draining sessions. Hopefully as time goes on, I will learn more of what to do and what not to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home