Saturday, November 13, 2010

How to Tutor Creative Writing

I thought I was going to do my Bibliographic Essay on Online vs Face-to-face because I honestly don’t like the idea of Online tutoring. However, I found something much more appealing: Tutoring creative writing. This semester, I’ve had the opportunity to tutor a few Intro to Fiction papers, and I love them! I am not sure, though, if I am giving them the feedback they need or deserve. I want to know what the best questions or problems are to identify during a creative writing session and, possibly, how to make “regular” papers more creative. Some of the papers brought in are really dull because I believe the student believes there is no room for creativity in an academic paper. I want to see if that is true or not, but I mostly want to be able to help students who want to write stories and such with their ideas, and the development of their story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home