Friday, September 10, 2010

Experience

Unfortunately, I have had a terrible illness all week and wasn't able to be in the writing center as much as I would have liked to. That being said, I feel more comfortable about the logistics of tutoring which is one area I was concerned about. I was able to successfully clock in and out. I now know how (and when) to log students out of the system. I had the opportunity to team tutor with Andy and I had a great experience. My time management fears are less than what they were because I don't think I would have taken any longer (or been any faster) than Andy was and I know she knows what she is doing. Therefore, I feel better about time limits with students. I did realize that I need to work on my grammar vocabulary. I know I can help a student without being able to identify sentence pieces by name but it is important to be professional so I will be studying my sentence structure vocabulary over the next couple of weeks. I am grateful that we are doing the team tutoring first because I would really hate it if I miss-guided a student because I wasn't ready to tutor. Andy gave me fantastic feedback and I look forward to my next session!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home