Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It is true that I am stressed,

However, midterms came and went like a breeze on my face. My professors seem to neglect professorly assumptions and stigmas. Not one of my professors is going to have a final for example. Additionally, not one of my professors assigned any sort of midterm... anything.
As I mentioned earlier, this does not mean that I am not stressed.
While my professors all agree that comprehensive finals are unnecessary, and midterms should not be a time to overload students, my professors all appear to agree on final papers that consist of ten sources and a whole lot of time. So, I am attempting to prepare for those, which is a definite stress. Among my scholarly stresses - that I feel no need to complain about because I know my peers and I are either on the same page, or I am luckier than they in my lack of midterms and tests and finals - I have many other stresses that are becoming increasingly overwhelming.
Mostly, my stress involves the big picture. Each day that I am exposed to these college classes and college students, my brain starts teeming with the endless possibilities that are available to me. And though I often depict this looming future as a crossroads, I am aware that it is not a singular decision that is approaching me, but rather a transformation I will embark upon in my aesthetic journey of discovery. Sometimes I wish that my purpose in life would just burst out of me with no containing it. I long for an inspiration in which, "nothing else makes sense." THE DECISIONS ARE ENDLESS AND WEIGHING ME DOWN!
At the same time, I have this glorious freedom in which I get to choose my future. Why on earth am I complaining about that?
I suppose it is out of fear and out of stress. The word "potential" frightens me. I am feeling a little sluggish and doubtful of my commitment to live passionately. I am scared that I will mosey down a path that does not have an endless supply of overwhelming inspiration, and I will simply continue to dabble into different subjects my whole life.
I want my life filled to the brim with passion. I do acknowledge my thirst. And I do recognize the strength and endurance I will need to quench it. With stress driving me full-speed forward, I will keep my chin up and my mouth shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home