Sunday, October 14, 2007

metablogging

Call me naive, but I've never really thought about anybody else but Dr. Rogers and Claire actually sitting down to read my silly and sometimes boring responses to the blog prompts. When I sit down to write a blog (whether it be for our English 3840 or on myspace), I never really stop and think about someone actually sitting down and reading what I have to say, which seems strange to me, because I am the type of person who doesn't say much unless I feel like I have something worth while to say. It also seems strange to me because on my blogs on my myspace profile, there are always comments that are left by readers, so I have evidence that people actually sit down and think about what I have to say. I guess it all goes back to the fact that when I am writing (or in this case, typing), I am by myself and the words that come from my brain through my fingertips and onto the computer screen, I am the only person at that moment in time that is able to read what I have written, but as soon as I hit the "publish post" button, my words are no longer in the private domain of my computer screen, but are instantaneously transmitted into the public domain that is the world wide web and I no longer have control over my words. Up until this taking this class, I didn't have a whole lot of experience with posting blogs on the internet. I have always thought it was a little bit strange to post my personal thoughts and feelings onto something that can be accessed by an infinite number of people, but the more I do it, the more fun it becomes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rogers said...

But that's just it, isn't it? You have to fictionalize US.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home