Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Not a day less will do.. from you!" ~Ben Harper

I think that maybe Kassie or Cameron is reading this right now. Probably because they’re the only ones who have talked to me about it. Well, Greg did, but he only got as far as my title. But what did I do at the beginning of the semester when neither Kassie or Cameron talked to me? I mimicked Cameron and Michael’s style of joking around while answering the question. Why? Because they made me laugh.

I never really noticed that I wrote to a certain crowd, though, before reading the Ong essay. Now that I realize it, I’m kind of nervous. Am I living up to Kassie’s and Cameron’s expectations? Yet, ironically, I don’t really envision Dr. Rogers or Claire reading this. I know they do. Claire talked about how impressed she was with our responses in class today. Yet even while writing this now, I’m still picturing Cameron and Kassie at one of the computers in the Writing Center reading this to pass the time. Maybe the real question is whether I truly believe Dr. Rogers and Claire read the responses. In the back of my mind I’m thinking “Claire’s got the Writing Center to run and she’s taking classes. There’s no way she has time to read what we write. And Dr. Rogers has classes. He even said today how far behind he was in grading. He doesn’t have time to regularly read our responses.”

I think that because I’m thinking Kassie and Cameron are reading this, I try to make it fit what they’d like to hear. For instance, I know that both love to write fiction. I know that both are good-humored type of people and can appreciate humorous tone while reading. So, with that in mind, I try to make my blogs as entertaining as possible. This one is losing by a long shot.

Anyway, that’s all I can think of to say about that. (Feeling like Forrest Gump all of a sudden). But now, while I’m thinking of extra things to say to fill out the rest of the 500 words, I’m thinking about what I need to do when I get home. Do I have time to watch a movie? Do I have homework that I can work on while watching a movie? Maybe I’ll rent Forrest Gump tonight. That reminds me that I need to return the movie “1408” because I’ll probably be getting late notifications soon. THAT was a scary movie. No joke, I almost cried. I bought “The Music Man” starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones, though, and that’s a very happy movie! If you’ve never seen it, I definitely recommend it! Especially if you like musicals! Lots of good one-liners! Speaking of one-liners, I went and saw “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” last night and it was hilarious! I WAS crying for laughing so hard! That’s something else I recommend people to go watch! All right, this should be good enough! Tootles, everyone!

PS.. I believe I TOTALLY beat everyone this week! BOOYAH!

3 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

Congratulations at posting first, which in the end, is completely and utterly irrelevant to anything and everything. I'm so proud of you.

And in response: Ok.

:-P

6:22 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I am with you all, reading but not talking much. I am amazed by you every day and am so glad I get to work with you all.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I am with you all, reading but not talking much. I am amazed by you every day and am so glad I get to work with you all.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home