Wednesday, September 07, 2005

This is so pessimistic it's not worth reading.

Just so ya know I say y’all, ya, wanna, and other things like that. I say ‘it’ at the beginning and end of sentences. I also have a problem with the word 'just.' And talking valley girl is always a joke. I'm sure I'll disappoint many of you with my structure and other stuff. Oh, and I'm sorry if I ignore any of you ever. I'm shy and it's a defense mechanism, for reasons I'm not sure of yet.
I honestly don't remember how being a tutor came to be. And with everything in life, I HAVE DOUBTS. I've helped two so far. The first one went so smoothly it was scary. The second went terribly wrong. Claire said I did fine, and she and Jesse were there to help. But it was the obvious fact that I was struggling and needed help that really twists me the wrong way. Of course, Claire tried to cheer me up and all, but the failure sticks out. I hope the student walked away all right. Everyone else knew her and she knew I was a new tutor. I think she understood. I am so thankful for Jesse taking the first student that came in, but I would have taken it. Seeing her leave when her shift was over was depressing to me. I don't wanna have to rely on the seasoned tutors when I can't do my job. This is really great experience for me. I originally wanted to be an English teacher, but after this-- I don't know. I feel I'm making a mockery of the Writing Center and the tutors it staffs. But you guys are stuck with me until I'm fired or suddenly disappear. Three hours stuck with Ashley (just teasing :) was brutal. Ashley and I started working on flyers to promote the Center, and I think I'm better off an art major. Not really, but after a tense day you tend to think a little crazy. And just why oh why are all the cute boys married? Never mind. That doesn't matter. Schools more important. But that one guy that loves Jesus is so hot. Oh, I hardly have the books I need for my classes. No money. I know that's everyone's excuse, but tomorrow I'll be able to get my credit from Beat the Bookstore in CASH and buy the books I need. So just back off! Ha-ha kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home