Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Can I talk about anything I want?

Cause if I can, then I want to talk about bicycles and bicycle security. I've heard as of late that people aren't even allowed to ride bikes on campus. I'm not sure if that's true or not. But what I do know is that there is only one bike rack that I know of on campus. You probably can ride bikes around but I wasn't sure since I've not seen any since I've been back this year.

I say, if the school is truly feeling guilty about bleeding us dry of cash (I'm referring partly to the new fee you must pay at the Dee Event Center and overall increased price of other parking permits), then they should at least throw in a few extra bike racks as a polite gesture for pauperizing us. I remember there was once one by the math building. See, that was a good one.

I hope to see more people riding bikes around anyway. Even if they do clip me on the sidewalks, I'm sure they'll take responsibility for it. In fact, I wanna see more bikes, scooters, skateboards, and those silly shoes with wheels built in them. Gotta get a pair of those....

1 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

I think that it would be neat to have a skateboard. I have this thought every time that I am hiking up a huge hill and cars on the side of me are passing without even a glance at me who is sweating and groaning with every step that I take, just trying to get to my car--- I think it would be neat, just once, to pull out a skateboard at this time and be like Marty McFly on Back to the Future and hang onto the back of the car that is going up hill beside me and hitch a ride that way.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home