Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm making this up...

Hello! I don't even know how this is actually going to look. I hope that it looks as spiffy as all of yours, but I doubt it. And I don't mean to sound pessimistic, although lately that is how I have been sounding anyway. I just mean that I have no idea what the heck I am doing, but here I go anyway. See? Here I am--- see me--- writing a Blog for the first time and not knowing what I am doing.

I suppose that is how it will be for me when I start tutoring. At least, that is probably how I will feel. I could just see it: someone comes in the writing center, similar to the description of Chris' tuttee- in his fantisy (if you read it; it was good)-- perhaps he is the same student coming in, and asking for my opinion or something, and he thinks that I know what I am doing--- maybe I even smile like I do know what I am doing, but really I don't! So what do I do? I make it up. Just like I am making up this blog, I will be making up how to do the tutoring. But I suppose that I must have some idea or I wouldn't have been chosen to be a writing tutor. Maybe I will have the courage to sit down and look at a paper and make intelligent (or at least clever sounding) advice and remarks. Hopefully when I start tutoring though, I will stop sounding so pessimistic. I know enough that that isn't a good idea. Could you just see me: "this paper is stupid; I don't want to read anymore. Can I go home?--- I'm hungry." I know that I am making this up, but at least I know enough to know that that is something I shouldn't say even if it is what I am thinking. On the other hand, heck, I might really get excited when tutoring. After all, I love to read and there is something so intriguing to me about writing.... it's neat.

fyi: this was written 09/06/05 I couldn't figure out how to post it until now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home