Monday, September 13, 2004

Freaked Out

Jump for joy! I am finally writing a blog! Even though the W. C. (Writing Center, not Water Closet) has now been open for a week I still haven’t tutored, so I feel that I can still write about my anxieties. I’ll be the first one to admit that I am not the best writer when it comes to the technical side of writing. I fear that the tutee will ask me for suggestions and I will have no idea what to tell them. Or I won’t know how I can get them to understand what I am trying to tell them. I can usually tell if something sounds wrong, but a lot of times I don’t know the best way to fix it. I also have a tendency to change things that don’t necessarily need to be changed. When I got hired to work at the W.C. back in May I had high hopes for the summer. My goal was to read up on being a tutor and also being a better writer. Did this happen? I am sad to say that it didn’t. My lame excuse is that the summer went by way too fast! All in all, I am excited to work at the W.C. Even though new experiences freak me out, deep down inside me I like the challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home