Monday, October 07, 2013

Random Thoughts

Matthew Kunes--Blog 6


I really don't know what to talk about.


I have quite a few things coming up: Fall break, Halloween, and a whole lot of school between now and then. Tutoring has slowed down, but I'm sure it will pick up right on time for midterms.


Is it bad that I am continually checking my email and facebook instead of cracking down and actually writing this blog post?


As for homework, I have one other small writing assignment for another class due this week, in addition to the two reflections for this class. I guess you all know what I'll be doing after I crack 500 words on this post, then.


Well, this blog post sounds real depressing. I haven't even hit 150 words yet.


I'd like to say that nothing else is on my mind, but that strictly isn't true. I have a Halloween costume to design, after all, and that takes time. If nothing else, I have something that will keep me busy over fall break next week.


As for what else I have been up to, well, I recently finished reading Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I thought it was good, but I think I would appreciate it more if I understood the time period better. At the very least, it wasn't long.


I think I have reached the point where tutoring has become close to second nature when I clock into my shifts. I no longer worry unduly about the kind of papers I will have to go over. I have gained a measure of confidence when I give advise to improve college writing.


I've read more personal narratives than I can count, and I've gone over the rules of APA and MLA style enough that I hardly need the pamphlets as reference anymore.



In any case, things are finally settling down into a comfortable rhythm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home