Saturday, December 08, 2012

Study Habits?

Being a tutor has been very beneficial for me this semester. Through teaching others how to write better, I feel like my own writing has improved in leaps and bounds. I've started to keep a sharp eye out for all the little mistakes that students make regularly in my own writing. I have also learned some neat skills, like reading the introduction and the conclusion right after one another, that help me make sure I'm on point with my essays. 

Interestingly enough, I've found myself doing my homework a lot more often than usual. I've learned how to better manage my time and get things done in a timely fashion. It's really interesting because this semester has been super duper fun for me and I felt like I have learned a ton. Tutoring has also helped my self esteem go up because it gives me the confidence in my smarts to know I can teach others things they don't understand. 

Overall, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a tutor! I've learned so much through teaching others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home