Thursday, December 06, 2012

Last blog post!

I have been thinking about this prompt for a few days now, and I still have not been able to come up with anything that I wish I would have known at the beginning of the semester. My semester was relatively easy, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. There's really nothing that I could have been told at the beginning of the semester that would have made it any easier than it was. Unrelated to any college classes, I wish I would have known that Obama would win so that I could have made a more substantial bet about the election results with my dad. I also wish that I would have known that I was going to get into the nursing program to avoid a lot of unnecessary worrying throughout the first few months of the semester. The last thing I wish I would have been reminded of is that my "free two-day shipping for college students for a year" was going to expire in September because I definitely didn't take advantage of that. Regrets.

For the incoming tutors for next year, I would just advise them to pay as much attention as they can to each discussion because it can help them become better tutors. I would also tell them to pay attention to the tutors with experience because they can give great ideas regarding tutoring methods. I'm not sure whether or not my advice would actually help because I believe the greatest growth for my tutoring career came from actually starting tutoring and slowly realizing what more I needed to work on week by week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home