Monday, September 26, 2011

Desserts

With work and school responsibilities, all of my summer crafts have been put on hold and progress has slowed to a standstill. The project that is on the forefront of my mind is the holiday treat recipe book I’ve been making. I can’t wait to finish it but, unfortunately, I can’t find time to work on it right now.

A few months back, as I was pursuing recipe books for some inspiration, I came across this delicious concoction that has become an instant favorite. (It comes from the Lion House Christmas cookbook.)

St. Nick’s Lime Fizzer

Ingredients

5

fresh limes, juiced (about ½ c)

½

c sugar

1 ½

c pineapple juice

1

quart lime sherbet

1

16-oz bottle lemon-lime soda

8

Marachino cherries, for garnish

8

thin-slices lime, for garnish

Directions

Place lime juice, sugar, and pineapple juice in a blender; process for 30 seconds. Add half of the lime sherbet and process again for a few seconds. Pour juice mixture into eight 10-oz glasses (⅔rds full). Fill glasses almost to the top with lemon-lime soda. Top each cup with a scoop of sherbet. Garnish with a cherry and a lime slice.

Talk about yummy! Well, if you test this recipe out I hope you enjoy it as thoroughly as I do.

p.s. If anyone knows of a good New Years Eve treat, let me know. I have a delicious almond puff pastry recipe but because I already have an Easter puff pastry dessert in the book I am on the search for another treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home