Monday, September 26, 2011

"Define Interesting" -- "Oh God, Oh God, We're All Going to Die!"

Oh man… writing about what’s on my mind is a lot harder than responding to a prompt! There’s just so much going on in there right now.

Let’s see… One thing that is on my mind is movies. I am Hopefully going to a pre-screening of “50/50” tonight. I’m really excited. I am a big fan of Joseph Gordon Leavitt, and Seth Rogen has his moments too.

I’m also thinking about Castle. A new episode is on tonight and I’m really excited for it. I am what you would call a “Fillionaire” or a fan of Nathan Fillion. His body of work is quite nerd-tastic and I enjoy much of it. Castle, for those who don’t know, is a show about a mystery writer who follows around a really attractive cop to get “ideas” for his novels. He helps them solve crimes and generally causes some kind of hijinks. One of his best quotes is “Don’t ruin my story with your logic.”

I also want to watch “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog” because I’m going to be Captain Hammer for Halloween and I need to try and perfect the look. Again, a Nathan Fillion show.

He also played Mal Reynolds in Joss Whedon’s “Firefly” and “Serenity.” I remember how I felt when I finished the last episode of Firefly for the first time. I was terribly sad because I knew there wasn’t any more. Then, when I saw Serenity, it was like ripping open the wound again because it ties up a lot of the loose ends but really just makes you want more! Terribly tragic. “I aim to Misbehave” is quite a powerful phrase in certain circles. Perhaps more powerful, however, is “Mercy is the mark of a great man.” Mal then stabs a man, to wound, not kill, then says “Guess I’m just a good man.” He then stabs him again and says, “Well, I’m alright” It is a very powerful emotional moment!

Enough about Fillion. Let’s talk about Tennant. Doctor Who is amazing. As cool as Eccleston and Smith are, Tennant is my Doctor. “Don’t Blink” is perhaps the best advice that he ever gave. It’s fun to see him in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Barty Crouch JR. Also, it’s really cool to see him as en English Teacher in the following video… found Here Seriously, amazing. Doctor Who, Shakespeare, etc. Classic!

I guess I should mention I’m also thinking about girls. I do that sometimes. And while I am thinking about a certain girl, I am also thinking about a few others as well. The ones who aren’t the “certain girl” are on my mind because I need something from them. I wrote a book and a publisher has agreed to publish it. We have a contract signed and I was given an advance on my royalties… which is really exciting – but as it’s autobiographical, all about my funny and tragic dating experiences, I need to have the girls sign releases that say they are aware of the book and give me permission to publish it. I changed the names, but the publisher is still making me get these signed. I have all but 3 signed, and the 3 I need have all agreed to sign but just haven’t yet. I’m really wondering how much I can bug them before it becomes “too much.” Seriously though, I have like 23 signed. I am SO close to getting this book published. I am just annoyed that the 3 are taking so long! BLAH

Anyway, those are a few of the things that are on my mind right now and I guess that’s all I really have to say! If you read this far, that is impressive and I feel like I should thank you for your focus and dedication!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home