Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm poor now.

Finally, my chance to complain about things that do not relate to tutoring.

Ironically, what has been bothering me most is all of the concerts and album releases that have been taking place this month and will be coming around by November. I am being driven to the edge of my bank account by all of the wonderful music that has been coming out. In the next two months, there are three different concerts that I am going to be attending: Opeth, Mastodon, and Between the Buried and Me, who are touring with Animals as Leaders. On the first show, Opeth, I spent a whopping $200 so that I could have the merch pack and VIP access. That much money for a single band seems excessive, but I do not think people fully understand how much I love that band--not to mention I need to get my PRS Mikael Akerfeldt guitar signed by the man himself! The Mastodon show probably will not be very expensive. As for BTBAM with Animals as Leaders, I am going to be spending an arm and a leg. For that show, I am going to have to drive all the way up to Boise, spend the night there, and, of course, pay for the show. So I have gas, food, lodge, tickets, and merch to worry about. That is a lot of money.

On top of these shows, there have been a great many record releases lately. Before the end of the year, I am going to have to buy records from Opeth, Mastodon, Animals as Leaders, Dream Theater, and any others that might surface. I am not much of a CD or digital guy, so all I buy is vinyl. Anyone who is familiar with purchasing such things will understand that they are a great deal more expensive than CDs or audio files. These records start costing even more when you factor in my obsession with these particular bands. Instead of just purchasing the albums, I find myself investing much more so that I can have the "super extreme deluxe edition."

In addition to all of the wonderful music that is going to be coming around, I also have to support my own ambitions of being a musician. Music equipment is expensive. For my birthday, I bought myself a new guitar pedal: the Boss GT-10 Multi-Effects Processor. This bad boy cost me $500, but it is more than worth it. I am in love with my pedal. Now I just need a new amp, and maybe some new recording equipment, and possibly a loop system. I need to stop buying so many things.

In other media, I am extremely excited for the release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I do not think that words can describe how cool this game looks. I just want to scream every time I think about it.

Anyways, these slacker prompts are much easier to write than ones that relate to tutoring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home