Thursday, August 25, 2011

Confession.

I would have to say what makes me most nervous is talking to people. This sounds a bit drastic, but what I really mean is that I feel a bit anxious about being required to get a little closer than just sitting down and exchanging a few words. From my previous experiences, I have noticed that most people really do pour themselves into their papers. A lot of times it can get fairly personal. I feel as if they are trusting me with their most closely guarded secrets, and I must say that tutoring becomes quite a burden when thinking about it in that way. I've almost become a priest of sorts: people expect me to save them, and in turn will tell me things that I probably don't want to know.

On the more technical topics, such as sciences, I feel like the material and language may fly right over me. I don't want to get caught up in a situation where I don't have anything to contribute because the tutee has already surpassed my abilities in writing. In short, I'd just like to help people with their papers; Being stripped of that ability would be a real blow to me.

Like I stated previously, I just want to help people. My biggest fear is that I will be unable to. Seems like a fairly generic fear, but it's real.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home