Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Josh's Jitters...

Isn't it strange how something that you would think you would be used to over time can still make you nervous every time it comes around? I play the violin (I promise, it relates...) and quite often I have been asked to perform various solo pieces in a variety of places, and no matter how many times I have performed, those same jitters still seem to creep in. There is an electric feeling of uncertainty that shivers through your spine as you approach the precipice and prepare to make te proverbial leap. It is a leap of faith, and the feeling subsides as you settle into the saddle, and realize how you have prepared, and that no matter what, you are presenting your very best. Regret most often results from having held something back. It is the same way with tutoring; you need to give each student your very best. I suppose that is what worries me... not that I won't do my best, but will my best be good enough? Then again, that is one of the wodnerful things about the writing center. Right next to you is another tutor who can be your spotter. We can work off of each other, if the moment requires, and fill any gap that we might encounter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home