Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Mission

I wanted to start on my essay the second week of school. Obviously, this was nearly impossible with the responsibilities of my job. But I'm glad to say that I am ready to start on my essay.

I decided to go with distance learning and online tutoring as the topics of the paper. This week, I will begin to read as much as I can about online tutoring. It shouldn't be too tough to find good information on this subject. The tough thing will be to break things down and see what exactly to use in my paper. I'm not worried about the fact that I have to go up to 20 pages on this. I am worried that I am going to forget something extremely important on my paper. What if I forget to talk about an extremely key turning point in online tutoring? I worry but what can you do? Asi son las cosas. I'm sure I'll forget something but I'm going to do my best to get every important topic about online tutoring in my report.

With that being said, let me tell you how I feel about online tutoring: I don't buy. I'll be honest, I have never used online tutoring. I've never had to for any of my classes. I just don't buy the idea of typing in a question to someone you've never met and wait to see what he or she types. Personally, I want face-to-face interaction with my tutor. It's just not the same. I do realize that we are heading towards having online tutoring as a norm but come on, let's keep it real people. Maybe online tutoring is kind of like online dating: it works for some but not for most. I just think you gain more by having him or her next to you, showing you how (and why) to do what needs to be done.

I really don't have anything else to say on this subject. Besides, I want to save some of my other feelings on this subject for my paper. I plan on writing an editorial section towards the end of my essay stating how I feel about online tutoring. Maybe my thoughts about this subject will change after I read up about online tutoring. All in due time my friends.

We all have a month to go on this paper. I wish all of you good luck.

Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home