Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nervous? Yes.

I have never tutored before. I am trying to overcome my anxiety and look forward to this experience, but because it's being asked... My number one concern prior to becomming a tutor is confidence. When the time comes to actually be one-on-one with a fellow student, I am scared that I will feel inadequate. Disappointment from the tutee is a possibility that definitely scares me, as well as disappointment from my professors and fellow tutors. I am nervous about my success as a tutor, and my creeping feelings of self conscienceness.

However, I am excited. I figure that these emotions will only benefit me and challenge me as a writer. No matter the outcome of this class, I know it will be a great learning experience, and the attainment of knowledge is why we are all here, isn't it?

Another concern would be the potential for becomming overwhelmed with my classwork whilst needing to help someone else out. But I hope to prove to myself that I can handle it, that I do have something to offer, and that there is always a way to improve my writing.

Also: Do we really get paid? I was unaware of that perk...that would be pretty rad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home