Thursday, November 15, 2007

In a hurry... so.. here it is!

My main question is whether the essay is us explaining what other people have written about our subject of choice, or whether we are talking about our subject of choice, and using what other people have written as proof? Does that make sense? In other words, am I deciphering or explaining? Does even THAT make sense? I guess I’ll ask it in class tomorrow and try and explain it better then. I think that is about everything I’m wondering about this essay. It’s ten pages, right? Double spaced, right? Use quotes and cite in MLA format, right?
Oh! I have another question: How serious does the tone have to be? Can I make movie references? Pop culture references in general? I guess it’s all about inventing the university again, eh? Because how I write mainly depends on who I’m writing to. For example, if I’m writing to Dr. Rogers and a whole bunch of professors, I’d put on a more serious language and perspective. However, if I’m trying to explain to other students or tutors my age, I’d try making my essay more interesting by putting more pop culture references in it. I’m guessing it has to be pretty serious, huh? Dern.
Anyway. Yeah. That’s it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home