Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Logging Thought

When I wrote for this prompt here’s pretty much what went on in my head:

What is my response to that? *rereads the prompt for the third time* Hmmm….

*glances at the only line written and revises it, then goes back to re-reading the prompt*

Elmo is so fuzzy, I wonder what he feels like to touch. I wonder if any little kids have gotten to touch the real puppet. I wonder if that Wish foundation place has ever arranged that. I wonder what are the craziest wishes that Wish Foundation has made. I wonder how expensive some of those wishes are. The gas prices are going up; I had no idea we pay taxes on them. The government enacts tariffs on sugar and enforces the use of high fructose corn syrup in foods. Using plant-fuels is only going to aggravate the imbalance of corn production in US agriculture. The US is so corrupted…what a cliché thought that was. Oh yeah. Blog.

*goes back to re-reading the prompt*

Meta sounds like beta. Beta makes me think of Firefox. Firefox makes me think of that funny little browser clip. That Kingdom Hearts II parody was funny.

*goes back to re-reading the prompt*

I remember thinking I should be a tutor just because I was a good writer. Past-tense specific and intentional. Eng 2010 turned out to be a great class…I miss being adored and outspoken.

*goes back to re-reading the prompt*

The way I think about things? Jeez…if that’s why I’m a tutor, what does that reflect about the Writing Center?

I love writing philosophy. I should write about that. There’s so much to writing that can be picked apart like a good algebraic formula. Fun, Fun, Fun in the Sun! I love Beach Boys.

*goes back to re-reading the prompt*

*snort* I don’t think about problems. I think around them, circle them, watch them, but don’ t actually think them. Well, I guess that means I actually do think about them.

*goes back to re-reading the prompt*

I push my thinking by just forcing myself to sit at the computer until I actually write something. It’s the same process as making a little kid sit on the toilet until they go potty, just to help them recognize the use of the bathroom. Thesis acquired. If I’m motivated, I’ll polish it, trim it, conform it, and attach a body to it so it can walk around. Why did that make me think of the Nightmare Before Christmas?

*goes to Facebook to play on the Zombies application, instead of working on the Botany take-home exam*


....To Be Concluded?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHA! Rachel, you're friggin' hilarious! Now I'M wondering if any kid has gotten to actually touch the real elmo. I mean, really.. you've got the fake fuzzy ones (I had a fake Elmo and a fake Barney as a kid), but what does the real one feel like? Interesting. I doubt that would be the wierdest wish, though. My dream as a kid til I was about 14 was to ride in a taxi... and it only ended there because I finally got my taxi ride. It was thrilling :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Q said...

Scaaatterbrain...

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home