Monday, November 26, 2007

between a rock and a hard place

That’s a very good question and it’s one that, unfortunately, I have already have dealt with this semester. In the case that I had to deal with, the topic was abortion, which is something that my personal views are against. It was very difficult for me, but I held my tongue and I did my best to try and help the student sharpen the writing that she had done about her experiences. I did not say a single word about what I personally felt about the topic, but it made it very difficult for me to concentrate on the student because of it. However, that being said, in my opinion, as tutors, it is not our job to try and stop a student from writing about something that offends us, unless he or she writes about an act that is illegal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home