Monday, October 01, 2007

The Goings Ons

Today was the first day of fall where I wore a sweater because I actually needed it. I’m so excited for the holidays. It’s all my favorite holidays packed into three months, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and of course my birthday. And yes, I consider my birthday a holiday. But Halloween is coming up and this year I am going on a hay ride. For some reason I really feel like doing all those great things I did as a kid. Every year I would go on a hay ride and pick out a pumpkin. There was this one farm in Nebraska that had a kind of everything in one theme. The farm had like three haunted houses, a corn maze, a hayride, and all those great fall treats. Oh, I love caramel apples! I probably sound stupid, but I’m just feeling so nostalgic. What’s sad about Halloween is by the time you figure out all the tricks for the most candy you are a little too old to trick or treat. The last couple of years I lived in Nebraska, I learned to carry a pillow case, dump half your candy at home midway through trick or treating, and I had which houses to hit first down to a fine science. I need to find out how much That Frightmares thing is. There is nothing more fun that those incredibly cheesy “scary” rides.

Tutoring is going pretty well. A couple of the tutors and I were talking about how the Writing Center room is cursed because no one ever seems to get much homework done there. Not that homework is the intention or anything, but the fact that you actually can’t get it done between tutees is so frustrating. I’m actually really happy about this job so far. I really like everyone I work with. I’ve had a few bad jobs before…horrible, horrible people. The worst job I ever had was working, of course, retail. And to make it all so much worse, it was in one of hose mall kiosks. I hated it. I remember we had this stupid little board that marked how well everyone was doing so if you were like me and worked only ten hours a week instead of thirty of course your sales wouldn’t be as high. Seriously, how is that fair? And we also had those stupid little MVP cards, but my store just was not the kind of place that could sells those. It was a specialty store. So yeah, so far this job is great in comparison to that hell. The class is going okay for me…no more Plato though. How sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

When is your birthday? I want to sing "happy birthday" to you, but I probably should wait until it is... uhhh... your birthday!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home