Friday, December 09, 2005

Nerds pummeled in football melee

To be honest, I may have tutored outside the box each time. If not outside, I certainly was not inside. Perhaps I'm a borderline case. Right now, however, everything is fuzzy in my memory (still trying to catch up on sleep) and I can't remember that many specific instances when I broke the rules. It's often said of rules (perhaps I've already soapboxed it): they should be broken if it can be done effectively. If they're unbreakable, bend them.

I suppose what I did most was rely on my instincts, keeping all the essays and class discussions close to my heart in case I needed to fall back on something that actually made sense. I also relied heavily on my peers and I thank you all for your support.

Even in the most difficult sessions at the Writing Center, I never had a bad time. I loved the difficult sessions. They rattled the autistic tendencies out of me and kept me sharp. I loved the free candy and the memento I stole from the Writing Center. Don't worry, you'll get it back and it's not the stapler. But here's a hint: it's soft, yet keeps me big and strong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

Were those manly gloves yours then? Or did you take one of the stuffed animals? I'm not so good when it comes to riddles. Why is a raven like a writing desk??

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home