Monday, December 05, 2005

Why the cell phone student recurs . . .

Today, I left the Institute building at 1:53 PM so I could show up to work by two. I opened the first set of doors and walked through without any incident. I paused to zip my coat up all the way because it's dang cold (if none of you have noticed) and then started to open the second set of doors and walk through.

Except that my exit did not go so smoothly. A crowd of people were entering the building through the door next to it, and one of the girls waiting stuck out her foot in front of the door I was opening -- causing the door to rebound back into my face and bending my glasses. When I looked up to see who the foot had belonged to, who do you think I saw?

The cell phone student! I kid you not. She made a snide comment about how I should learn to walk through doors or something to that effect. It made me fume.

I'm still fuming.

But I'll admit -- it makes for a good story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home