Thursday, October 20, 2005

Loaded-gun complex

This semester, by far, has been the most difficult for me than any other semester I have attended at Weber. As I take on more responsibilities like publicity for the Writing Center, another job, cub scouts, and of course my WIFE, I have very little time to focus on my schooling. I wish I had more time.
As most of you know, I recently wrote a letter to The Signpost to thank you all for everything you do. Though I wrote this letter in fulfilling my responsibilities in the publicity committee, I meant every word.
I also would like to thank Scott for being such an awesome teacher. Seeing as writing is used in every discipline, I have been able to apply the knowledge and techniques he gave me from the 3840 class in other classes I have taken. One exercise has proven extremely useful. As I recall, in the class we were to read chapters from the book or other academic articles and write up a review that consisted of three things: a summary of the article, an analysis, and a description of how it could be applied to another article we had studied in the class. I am now in the process of writing a literature review for my research methods class, and I have found that this exercise has helped me immensely.
So I guess I am just saying that you all (and I'm sure you all do anyway) should take this class very seriously. Besides helping you become better tutors, it will help you become better students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home