Friday, October 21, 2005

I think I may be an idiot

So I've been here for three years and I still can't do onlines well, still have to look up grammer rules, and I can't think of what else but I'm sure that isn't all.
Does a tutor get to the point where they know all the answers?
Should I be replacing my bible with the Writers Reference?

To answer myself.....No I don't think that a tutor gets to the point where they know all the answers. I don't think that even Claire has all the answers.

As for me being bad at onlines, I think onlines are ineffective in the first place. No one can ever be a effective tutor when their tutee isn't present. If they can't ask you to explain what you mean when they don't understand what your suggesting, of course they aren't going to end up with the right corrections. You many never know if you were effective unless you see the finished product (One which I which I was unfortunately shown the other day). Just because other coworkers think that your online looks good doesn't mean that it is going to be effective. I propose getting rid of the online submissions. Perhaps we could have a live online chat session if we have to do things online at all.

Looking up grammer rules should not make me feel like a bad tutor. If you don't look things up, thats when you are a bad tutor.

Sorry all my transitions to this submission suck; well, to be more correct, they are nonexistant.

Coming to work is hard some days. Tutees can be challenging in many ways. Occasionally I will get someone who I just click with. Some of you might remember Suki, an ESL student who used to come in all the time. She was one of those tutees that you want to keep all to yourself. She was so appreciative. Its for tutees like that that I keep coming back to work. Unfortuneately she doesn't come in anymore, so I am still waiting for a replacement. Just make the best of working with tutees that you may want to box.

On a totally seperate note, everyone come to the Halloween Party next Friday! Bring some games! Yay Writing Center! Bring Food! Get paid to eat it!

ok, bad news. My spell checker isn't working so there might be some problems hahaha
Good luck reading.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need me to bring anything? I know how to make junk and stuff. Salads, and things like that.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may not have time to make potato salad. So it may be rice pudding.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home